Kinds of Concerts
- Standard Concert: for festivals, church events, camps, retreats, and the like. They are informal, laid-back, and at times worshipful.
- House Concert: Yes, that’s right, I will come invade your living room and play for you and your guests!
- Coffee House Concerts: usually consist of a couple sets; with a wide variety of originals and covers mixed in
- Conferences: I can provide anything from transition music, to music leadership, to a full concert. Conference organizers have often said that music is the glue that holds a good conference together.
- Fundraiser/Benefit: If you are planning a fundraiser for a non-profit, cause, or issue; I'd love to talk with you about my Mission to Mission vision and how I can help increase funds raised; a simple way for me to give back through my service and skills.
- Worship: this is NOT a concert! See convert vs worship below.
Concert vs Worship
Most of the music I write/play is best suited for concerts. However, I'm very aware that a worship service is quite different than a concert. I have a high view of corporate worship and am very careful to work with pastors and/or ministers of music to make sure that any musical presentation in worship is fixed on worshiping God. Also, whether in concert or worship, I prefer to have all ages present as to encourage a multi-generational approach to life.
- A Standard Concert lasts about an hour.
- Most House Concerts are around an hour, but you never know.
- Coffee house concerts are all over the map.
- If Matt is to join a worship service, please ask for more info.
What Days are Good?
Because of my role as Worship Director at Grand Ledge Baptist Church I try to avoid traveling on Sundays. So, if at all possible he prefers Fridays or Saturdays. However, please let us know what you were thinking and we can working something out.